Friday, October 18, 2019

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by! 

I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want recipes of what I've been cooking while losing weight.  It turns out, people DO want more clean eating options, and asked me to share some of my menu staples. 

This is the egg bake that I meal prep.  It is ridiculously simple, quick, and healthy (bonus!)

INGREDIENTS

  • 8 eggs
  • 8 egg whites
  • 1lb Turkey Sausage
  • 1 red pepper, diced
  • 1 orange pepper, diced
  • 1 red onion, diced
  • Large handful of spinach
  • Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning
  • 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese
INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Cook your turkey sausage, lightly seasoned with the roasted garlic and herb seasoning.  You can use your preferred seasoning - this is just my go-to when I prepare turkey or turkey sausage to add more flavor since it can be pretty bland without. 
  • In a separate pan, saute your peppers and onion.  You can add a few drops of olive or avocado oil, but I just use a little bit of water.  When the peppers have softened and the onion is nearly translucent, add the spinach.  Stir until the spinach has wilted.  
  • In a large bowl, wisk together 8 eggs and 8 egg whites.  Add turkey sausage, pepper mixture, and cheese.  
  • Lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish, and pour ingredients in. 
  • Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...