Sunday, November 20, 2011

Snowflake Candle

Hi there!  I'm so glad you stopped by

Here's a little something I was working on today.  A snowflake candle.  Below I will show you how I did it.





First you will need a glass candle holder.  You can get these just about anywhere.  I found mine at the Dollar Store.  You will also need Mod Podge, a sponge brush, some little jewels, some Epsom Salt, a white paint pen and a votive candle. 



First, I took the glass candle holder and painted snowflakes on it with a paint pen.  I then added little jewels to the middle of the snowflakes using my trusty glue gun.




Second, I took the votive candle and painted it with Mod Podge, using the sponge brush.  Then, I rolled it in Epsom Salt.  If you have never used Epsom Salt before, it is the perfect fake snow!




Add Epsom Salt to the bottom of your glass candle holder, set your votive in the "snow" and, Viola, you have a snowflake candle.  These would work great on the fireplace mantle, in your centerpiece or on your walk leading up to your house on Christmas Eve!





Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me.

Kelly

2 comments:

  1. I love that candle! May I also mention that your photography skills aren't bad, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome idea and not that expensive...I will have to try it..Cheers Frances

    ReplyDelete

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...