Wednesday, June 25, 2014

New Look For Old Lawn Chairs

Hi there!  We are so glad you stopped by.
Today I wanted to share what I did with some old, beat up, ready for the garbage, lawn chairs.
I've had these chairs for years.  They have served their purpose quite nicely in our backyard.  When I bought new chairs, I put these 2 chairs away knowing that they could be used at our cabin.
A few weeks ago, I packed up some supplies to re-do them and off I went.
Here is what they look like now.........
Here is the horrible before picture
I believe they were green when I first bought them.  
I painted them brown and when I grew tired of that, I painted them tan.
Here is all you need for this project.
Rust-Oleum spray paint, 4 cans. 2 for each chair (I used the color Lagoon)
Plaid white enamel craft paint
A round sponge (I used a Martha Stewart sponge I already had)
A through away pie pan (which I use and re-use, so it's not really a throw away pan)
I gave the chairs 2 coats of spray paint, letting them dry in between coats.
Next, I sponged on white circles.
I didn't want to have your typical chairs. I wanted them to have a little bling, shall we say.
That's it.  Super easy and super cheap!
Lastly, sit down and enjoy the view.
Don't throw away those old chairs, dress them up and give them a new life. 
Thank you so much for stopping by. It means the world to us!
Happy painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...