Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Front Porch

Hi there!  I'm so glad you stopped by.

I'm finally done!  All my Christmas decorations are up.  Now, I can enjoy the rest of the Christmas season.  Today I want to share my front porch.

Let me start by saying, my front porch was the last thing I had to decorate.  Frankly I was tired and was running out of decorations to use.  So, I dug around and came up with this.



I started with these 2 little pine trees that I've had forever.  I wanted to do it a little different this year. So, I decided on silver, burlap and pinecones.

I started by stringing white lights around each of them.  I used a 50 count.



I wrapped some burlap ribbon around them for added depth. 

Next I added some silver bulbs that I got at Marshalls.  They were on a a swag.  There were about 50 bulbs on there and I got it for $15.00.  I cut all the bulbs off the swag, saving enough of the wire from each bulb, to wrap around the pine branch.

I added some silver bells I had by looping a piece of twine through each one and tying a little bow on the branch.  How easy is that!



Next, I added an old chair I have. I simply grabbed an old silver kettle I have and filled it with pinecones, adding a few of the silver bulbs.  I tied this fabulous burlap ribbon around the kettle, set a little bird I also found at Marshalls, next to the kettle and waa laa!



Around the front door I added 2 pine swags.  Again, adding some of the silver bulbs and burlap ribbon.



To my simple twig wreath I added some pine, a ribbon and a silver bulb.


To hide the black metal plate at the bottom of the trees, I took an old burlap bag we had, cut it in to 2 pieces, wrapped it around the bottom and tied it with some twine.


That's it.  Simple and very inexpensive.  I had everything on hand except the bulbs and the little bird on the chair.  I LOVE simple and inexpensive.



So, that's it.  My Christmas front porch.  I hope you like it and it inspires you to dig around your house and garage and find a new use for your old things.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me.

Kelly

3 comments:

  1. I really like your front porch trees and your porch. Looks like a cozy place to be. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your porch looks fantastic! I love the burlap and pinecones! Stopping by from ThriftyDecorChick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great outdoor christmas decorations! It seems so simple yet when you put it all together, it became an elegant decorations for your porch. Thanks for the idea. Stumbled from Thrifty Decor Chick.

    Feel free to stop by sometimes,
    Anne walker
    Christmas tree decorating ideas

    ReplyDelete

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...