Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Mantel

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I don't know about you, but it takes me at least a week to get my Christmas decorating done.  Every year I try doing something different.  I've never been one to decorate the same way twice.  I like to see what I can come up with. A challenge perhaps?

Tonight, I finished my fireplace mantel and I wanted to share it with you. I hope it inspires you to try something a little different too.



It started with that little wooden box in the middle.  My husband made that out of barn wood he got in Montana.  I was going to fill it and put it on my counter in the kitchen. I started filling it with pine branches and the next thing I knew, it was too big to go where I was planning on putting it. That happens to me a lot!
Plan B!



So, I brought it to the living room and decided to decorate around it.  I think I may have the biggest fireplace mantel on the planet, so this has always been a challenge to decorate.

I went out to our garage and brought in these 3 windows.  I work for a remodelor and he took these out of a house last summer.  Yes, I'm a dumpster diver!  I knew I would use them somewhere. I just couldn't let them go to the dump.

I tucked a string of lights behind them.  I wanted the light to shine up behind the windows.



I took more of the pine branches and laid them in front of the windows and added pinecones, raffia, bulbs and some floral/jewel sticks I had.




I added a little twine to some votive candles. I wanted to have light in front of the windows too.




I took 2 of the pine branches and added a few berries and a burlap bow.  The branches are wired so I bent the wire over and it worked perfect for hanging it on the window.  I've had these branches for years and never thought of doing that. I was pretty excited about that little trick!




So, here it is. My Christmas mantel.  I have to tell you, I can't wait to sit by the fireplace and watch a movie this weekend. 

What do you think?



Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me.

Kelly

1 comment:

  1. I think it's beautiful! Love those windows and the decorated votive lights! Very Christmasey, I don't know if that's a word or not but I'll use it:)
    I'm now your newest follower!

    Rondell

    ReplyDelete

Lamp Revamp

Hi there!  We're so glad you stopped by. We are humbled and overwhelmed by all of the people that took the time to view our l...