Monday, December 17, 2012

Hostess Gift


Hi there!  I'm so glad you stopped by.

Are you attending a party or dinner in the next week?  If you are like our family, you are doing both.

I have a super easy gift idea for you.

A candle with a decorative sleeve.

You can put this together in less than 30 minutes.




Last year, I got candles from Yankee Candle for 75% off, on the day after Christmas. 

Another place to get great candles is Walmart.  You can get the large ones for $5.00 and they smell as good as the Yankee Candle.

I bought a bunch and have stored them knowing that they would make great hostess gifts.




So here's how easy they are to dress up.

Take a piece of burlap and cut it about 2 inches larger than the candle.  Fold over the edge and hot glue it in place.



Next I took a metal Christmas ornament I had and fished a piece of twine through the hole. 

I wrapped it around the top of the jar and hot glued the knot, I also glued the ornament to the front, to keep it in place.  

Put it in a gift bag and you are set to show the hostess how much all her hard work means to you.


You could use so many things for this project.  Fabric and ribbon.  Craft paper and stickers.  Let your imagination run wild, ladies.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me!

Kelly


No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...