Sunday, December 30, 2012

Repurpose and Reuse Ideas

Hi there!  I'm so glad you stopped by.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to 2013, with all the ups and downs it will certainly offer.

Today, I'm going to share how I take random things and use them in different areas.  I hope it will inspire you to change things up a bit.

I L.O.V.E. to take things and use them in random areas.  Such as.......

The great lights my husband found. 

They were in a building that is over 100 years old, where they make furniture. 

They were switching out these lights and they were going to through them in the garbage!  Can you believe it? Throwing these beauties away.  Insert my scream here!




So, being the amazing husband that he is, and knowing my love for reusing things and my obsession with lights, he brought them home to me. 

We added these Edison Bulbs that you can find at Home Depot, and instantly fell in love with them.

To me, they are the focal point of our kitchen/dining room.



At another remodel he was working on, a gentleman was re-doing his bathroom. 

He had 2  bathroom light fixtures that he was going to throw out.  Again, my husband brought them home for me to see what I would do with them.

I hung one of them on our deck of course!



It hangs above the table in our little sitting area.  I would show you the deck, but it is covered with snow and not looking very pretty right now. 

I love to look out our patio door and see this charming little light hanging there.



Remember how I've told you that when you decorate, especially a large space, have a focal point.  Something that you will decorate around.

Well, I've decided that I am going to decorate around a mirror that I have had sitting in the basement since I redid my bathroom. 

Remember this mirror?


Well, I'm going to use it on the fireplace, as my focal/starting point. 

Since I'm convinced I have the biggest fireplace on the planet, which makes it really difficult to decorate, I need something huge to anchor it.



Stay tuned to see the mirror face lift and how I am going to decorate my mantel for Winter/Valentine's Day.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...