Friday, January 11, 2013

Don't like it, Change it!

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by.

I'm thinking about how I'm going to decorate for Valentine's Day.  

I have a picture that I used last year in my display, but I don't really like it anymore.  What's a girl to do?  Change it!




See that picture in the middle of it all?  I needed something to put in that spot, so I put that together. 

Well, this year, I wanted a new look. Remember, I always use a starting point when I decorate.  This is my starting point. The picture.

Because I attached the word "love" to the glass, I couldn't change that.  

I was in luck.  I had another frame that was the same size, but in black. 

I wanted to change the background, so I dug through my craft paper and found a piece with a black and shiny silver pattern. Perfect!


I also had this very cool ribbon I got at Micheal's last year to make an Easter project. It's lace with pearls running down the middle. 

The silver hearts, that I got after Christmas, didn't make the cut. Not yet anyway.  I'm going to use them when I decorate.

All I did was, take the back off the frame and switched out the paper. Put it back together and turned it over so I could add a little character.



Next, I took out my trusty glue gun and glued the ribbon right to the frame. That's it.  A little, for a big change.




I love how it turned out.  I may even use it after Valentine's Day.  The colors are working for me.


I love the black, white and silver. 

When I decorate, I will add red around it to give it a little punch and make it Valentiney.  Is that a word?  Well, for now, it is.

Stop back next week to see how it looks all decked out for Valentine's Day.

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...