Thursday, January 31, 2013

Chicken Fiesta Soup!

Hi there!  I'm so glad you stopped by! 
Since this is my first official post on this blog I thought I would share one of my favorite recipes!  I am a huge fan of slow cooker meals, mexican food, and having very few dirty dishes in the sink when I am done preparing dinner.  My husband doesn't like soup.  I usually get an eye roll or a "peasant" comment whenever I tell him soup is on the dinner menu.  This meal impressed him.  A lot.
 
CHICKEN FIESTA SOUP
 
 
What you'll need: 
4 bonesless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
1 can corn (drained)
1 can black beans (drained)
3 10oz cans red enchilada sauce
8oz chopped green chiles
1 can diced tomatoes (drained)
1 14.5oz can chicken broth
1 cup chopped onion
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
 
Mix all the ingredients together in your crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 
I serve this with sour cream and mexican blend cheese. It's also great with tortilla chips.  I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!!

Linking up to:
Fluster Buster

8 comments:

  1. Really like all the ingredients in your soup,and will try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to make soup, especially in the slow cooker. will try this recipe. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look like a yummy recipe. I do a lot of soups this time of year and this will be a great addition. Thanks for sharing at Fluster's Creative Muster. Looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also add two cans of whole pinto beans. Just a suggestion. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does the chicken need to be cooked BEFORE putting in the crockpot, or won't it cook in the crockpot for those 6-8 hours?

    ReplyDelete

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...