Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Framed Magnet

Whenever I see a pretty card, or a magnet in this case, I always think "What could I do with THAT". It's a sickness really.  Whenever I see anything, and I mean anything, my mind starts to reel and I think of so many things I could do with it.  This was no exception.

So, I came up with an idea. 

Last fall while I was at a Craft Boutique I found these great magnets.  They were about daughters.  I wanted to give them to my daughters, but I didn't want to just hand them a magnet. So, I came up with an idea of how to turn them in to a keepsake.

Here's what I did.



I went to Kohls and found these great 5 X 7 frames, for 50% off. I wanted something modern, since my girls are in their 20's.






I chose the paper that I wanted to use for the background. The edges of the designs have silver glitter on them, which looks beautiful with the silver in the frame.  I'm sorry it doesn't really show up in this picture, so you will have to use your imagination.

I picked up the paper at Archivers in one of those card stock books where you get 72 sheets (LOVE those), again for 50% with an Archivers coupon.  Little side note: Did you know that you can sign up to be on their mailing list and they will mail you coupons, great coupons, and a booklet of ideas?  Yup!






Next I glued the magnet to the cardstock.  Isn't that magnet adorable!  It says "Having a Daughter is like growing your own best friend".  Isn't that just the sweetest.  The magnet cost $2.50 and it was already matted. It just doesn't get any better than that.




Then I put it all together.  It's as easy as putting a picture in a picture frame.   Easy peasy!

Don't you just love that idea?

Do you have a card from someone special that you have just lying in a box somewhere?  Now you can frame it and have it out so you can enjoy it.

Thanks for stopping by.  It means the world to me.


Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...