Sunday, August 7, 2011

Milk Bottle

Do you have something that you have been holding on to for years? You don't know what to do with it, so it just sits in a cupboard or box?  Well, I do. 

One of the things I have is a milk bottle that belonged to a family member from years ago.  They lived in Minneapolis and the milk man would deliver milk in glass bottles.  Oh the simpler days........

I decided it was time to do something with it, it was time for this little gem to get a new life.

We went up to our cabin this weekend, so I figured this would be an easy thing to take along and get done in a day.



Here is the before. All cleaned up and ready for a new look 



First, I put a piece of masking tape on the bottle so I would have a straight line.  Sorry I didn't take a picture of that part, but I put it where I wanted the bottom of the letters to go.

Next, I applied the letters.  I purchased them at Michaels, in the Kids Craft section. They are foam with sticky backs. Perfect for this kind of project. 



I applied a coat of spray paint sealer.




Then, I applied 2 coats of white gloss spray paint.




I let it dry for a few hours and then removed the letters.  I brought it home and put it on the shelf above my kitchen sink.  I just LOVE it!  And, it was so easy.

Well, there you have it.  I hope this inspires you to take that thing you have been holding on to, and didn't know what to do with, and make it something you want to show off.


Thank you so much for stopping by. 

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...