Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Newest Treasure and a Little Fall

Hi there, I'm so glad you stopped by.

I can't believe it has been over a month since I posted on my blog.  Where does the time go?  Summer is over and Fall has arrived.  Oh how I L.O.V.E. fall.  The cool air, the changing of the colors and the all important decorating. 

I want to show you these fabulous wooden boxes that I scored at this dumpy over filled little place in Roseville.  I was out during my lunch hour one day and saw a sign that said "Huge Garage Sale".  Well, that's all I needed and I was off to find some treasures. It ended up being a warehouse type building with boxes upon (and I mean upon) boxes, of shall we say, treasures with a lot of junk mixed in. I was in heaven!


When I walked in I spotted 2 wooden boxes. 



It had stamped on the end of the boxes "Hubbards Wire Sewed Folding Box".  They actually fold up and can be store flat.

These particular boxes were used by C. Thomas Stores, H.C. Sherry Co

They were made in Minneapolis, by a company called Puffer Hubbard MFG Co. They patented them June 28, 1898. Well, my heart lept with excitement.  I was sure they were going to be expensive.  Nothing in the place was marked so I asked how much they wanted for them.  $45.00 for both of them.  Woot woot!  These babies were going home with me!




I brought them home and scrubbed the millions of years of dirt off them, set them out in the sun to dry and Waa Laa!

For those of you that know me, my mind was working overtime on what I would use them for.  Oh the ideas were endless.

With it being Fall, I decided for now, I would use them for decorating.




So, for the time being, here sits my latest treasure.  And I love it!  What do you think?

I haven't decided what I will do with them after Thanksgiving......perhaps something wintery or Christmasy, just set them under my sofa table, use them to store craft supplies or put them by the fireplace with wood in them? 

Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me. God's blessings to you all.  Happy Fall!

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...