Thursday, August 29, 2013

DIY wall decor!

Hi there!  We're so glad you stopped by!! 
It has been a while since my last post.  I haven't forgetten about you, I promise!  My family and I have been having a very busy Summer!  I have a lot of awesome things in the works that I cannot wait to share with you! 
But, in the mean time.... I wanted to post a few things that were ridiculously easy to throw together.  A while back I wrote a blog post and added it to pinterest.... About an hour later I thought "People aren't going to like these..." and I took the post down.  Well, little did I know, the photos were still up on the website and I have been getting a huge response from people!  So.... I decided I will repost them and explain (very briefly) how I made them! 
 
My daughter, Presley, turned 3 in March.  I had a rainbow/hot air balloon themed birthday party for her. 
I made the hot air balloons out of paper lanterns, Chinese to-go containers, burlap, twine, and scrapbooking embellishments.  
 
Above the food table, I hung a rainbow made out of glittery tulle.  
After the party I needed something to do with all of my leftover materials.  I had to justify spending $80 on fabric that I hung on the wall for 3 hours.  
I made a tutu for my daughter, but I still had a bunch leftover.  So I decided to hang the hot air balloons in her room and then make a wreath for her bedroom door.  
 
No sewing required.  I got a foam wreath from the dollar store, then I cut the tulle into strips, and tied them around the wreath.  You can make the tutu the same way.  I used an elastic headband to put around my daughters waist.  
 
I found a frame at a garage sale.  I spray painted it, painted a cardboard letter with acrylic paint, and put a piece of scrapbook paper on the front.  Tah-da!  DIY Wall decor... for $2!
 
I made this last Christmas.  I covered the front of (already painted) black letters with mod podge, sprinkled red glitter over the top, and shook off the excess glitter.  I had this candle ring with red beads laying around the house, so I used that for the "O".  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...