Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Organizing the Craft Room

Hi there.  I'm so glad you stopped by!

I have so many projects planned for 2012. 

Since we live in Minnesota, and can't do outdoor projects during the winter, I have started indoors. Before I dive in to my projects of painting and redecorating, I want to get my entire house reorganized. 

First up, the craft room!


Here are a few of my before pictures.  Prepare to be horrified!



Looks like something out of Hoarders, doesn't it?


During the holidays, this was truly my "drop zone". 

Check out that awful flooring. That is on my "To Do List" for this year. The pine on the walls is also on the "To Do List" but that might be a project for next year. I have a very long "To Do List"!

One more............




I had a free weekend where I could just dive right in.  And dive in, I did.

I started by putting 2 folding tables in to an L shape in one corner so that I would have a designated work area.  Eventually I will recover the tops and put on a skirt to cover up the storage underneath.


My husband and I found this cute little cabinet at an online auction a few weeks ago.  I decided it would make the perfect place to keep pens, markers, tools, and a few zip loc containers with odds and ends I wanted to keep together.


We also scored this little tool box, which works perfect for keeping paint supplies in.


I took this old bookshelf that I've had forever and put it on top of a cupboard my husband brought home from a job, that was going to be thrown out. 

Inside the cupboard I have all my cans of paint and spray paint. 

The little tower shelf to the left, I found at a garage sale last summer for $5.00.  I found a few basket at an after Christmas sale and they fit perfectly. 


The hutch makes a perfect place to keep all my candles and candle holders.  The top works well for extra items I will use around the house, but am not using at the moment. Between the hutch and the end of the table is where I am storing the picture frames I am collecting for future projects.


My shelves that I l.o.v.e., because I can store a ton of items on them. 



I love that I have this room organized, ready for the new year and all that it has to offer. 

I feel very blessed to have a room that is all mine that I can go to, to create. 

Have you started your organization plan for the year? 

Thanks so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me.

Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...