Thursday, March 5, 2015

Transforming a Cardboard Box

Hi there!  I am so glad you stopped by.
I want to show you the cheapest, 
easiest way to make a pretty storage box, 
with things you already have.
Are you like me and you hate to throw out a good cardboard box?
I feel guilty every time I throw one out.
But, I have this strange obsession with things-that-hold-things.
Here is a super easy way to transform them in to storage.
Here is what you will need:
Cardboard box
Wrapping paper
Ribbon and bow
Tape
Measure your paper to go all the way around the box, 
and secure it with tape.
It's just like wrapping a present.
Finish the bottom.
Make a cut at each of the corners, down to the box.
You are going to want to "wrap" the inside, too.
Tuck the paper inside and secure with tape.
When you're done, it will look like this.
You could leave it just like this, but I wanted to dress it up a bit........
Add a piece of ribbon and a bow.  I secured mine with hot glue.
There you have it.  You can recycle and have pretty storage, too.
You could use different size boxes with coordinating paper, for even more storage.
I use mine to store candles, but you can use this for so many things. 
They are cute on a shelf, in the linen closet, under your sink.  The options are endless.
I hope you enjoyed this simple project 
and it inspires you to make those cardboard boxes 
in to something pretty and useful.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...