Friday, October 4, 2013

Fresh Apple Cobbler

HI there!  We're so glad you stopped by! 
My husband had a day off this week, and I have been dying to take our kids to the apple orchard.  A few friends had referred us to go to Apple Jacks in Delano, MN. We had a blast! 

 
Once we got home I wanted to make a dessert with apples, obviously.  
 I threw a bunch of stuff together, and about 20 minutes into the baking process I was starting to lose confidence as it wasn't starting to 'harden' like I thought it should.  
When it was finished I handed it to my food critic, my husband, for the verdict.  
He ate it all, and then came back for another dish!  I actually got a text from him this morning saying "I'm flying through work today so I can get home and eat some apple cobbler."  
If HE thinks it's amazing, you will too! 
I present to you...... My fresh apple cobbler!
 
 
 What you'll need: 
5 apples, peeled, thinly sliced, and cut into 1" pieces (I used Sweet 16 apples) 
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tablespoon vanilla 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspon ground nutmeg
1 7oz package Apple Cinnamon muffin mix (I used Jiffy) 
1 stick butter, melted
 
Preheat oven to 375. 
Spray 8x8 square or 9x9 pie pan with cooking spray
Mix apples, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.  Put in the pan.  
Mix the melted butter with the muffin mix.  Pour over the apple mixture.  
Bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.  
 
It's going to be gooey - that's what makes it so fantastic!  Serve warm with ice cream or cool whip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...