Monday, February 9, 2015

Fireplace Mantel Redecorated, Again!

Hi there!
Like many of you, I redecorate my fireplace mantel, often!
I like to change it for holidays and the different seasons.
When coming up with new ideas, where do you start? 
 
Well, here is what I do.
I'm going to share a secret...........
I lay awake at night picturing in my mind what it will look like
 before I ever put one item on the mantel.  
It's a sickness I tell ya.
I start with an item, or items in this case, and decorate around them.
This time, I started with these primitive looking candle holders.
I have these old windows I've been collecting.  
The brown framed window is from an old house, 
the white framed window is from an old building in St. Paul.
I start layering and adding items as I go.  
Layering is key in my decorating.
I like to add items that are the in the same color scheme.
Differing heights give interest.  I like to call it a carnival for the eyes.
I always add a lamp.  I have this obsession with lamps and lighting.
I think it gives it a nice warmth.  You know, no one likes a dark carnival.
You can see what I mean in this picture.  Without the light on, it's just a mantel.
With the light on, it's more pleasing to look at.
Plus, when you are in the living room at night, it gives a wonderful glow.
I'm all about the glow!
I always add some type of greenery, too.  
I think it balances out the dead spaces and I like the look. 
I hope this inspires you to do something a little different.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me!

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    admin
    Web designing is the most popular tool in the world of computers. Today is a world of technologies and everybody wants to use this technology for their betterment.
    See more at:Cape Cod Web Design

    ReplyDelete

Lamp Revamp

Hi there!  We're so glad you stopped by. We are humbled and overwhelmed by all of the people that took the time to view our l...