Monday, February 9, 2015

Fireplace Mantel Redecorated, Again!

Hi there!
Like many of you, I redecorate my fireplace mantel, often!
I like to change it for holidays and the different seasons.
When coming up with new ideas, where do you start? 
 
Well, here is what I do.
I'm going to share a secret...........
I lay awake at night picturing in my mind what it will look like
 before I ever put one item on the mantel.  
It's a sickness I tell ya.
I start with an item, or items in this case, and decorate around them.
This time, I started with these primitive looking candle holders.
I have these old windows I've been collecting.  
The brown framed window is from an old house, 
the white framed window is from an old building in St. Paul.
I start layering and adding items as I go.  
Layering is key in my decorating.
I like to add items that are the in the same color scheme.
Differing heights give interest.  I like to call it a carnival for the eyes.
I always add a lamp.  I have this obsession with lamps and lighting.
I think it gives it a nice warmth.  You know, no one likes a dark carnival.
You can see what I mean in this picture.  Without the light on, it's just a mantel.
With the light on, it's more pleasing to look at.
Plus, when you are in the living room at night, it gives a wonderful glow.
I'm all about the glow!
I always add some type of greenery, too.  
I think it balances out the dead spaces and I like the look. 
I hope this inspires you to do something a little different.
Thank you so much for stopping by.  It means the world to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turkey and Veggie Egg Bake

Hi!  We're so glad you stopped by!  I apologize for the lack of recipe updates.  To be honest, I didn't think anyone would want ...